Tuesday, April 25, 2006

This is the third time I have been at my grandma's house since the Lord told me to pray for her. The past 2 times I, I have asked myself this, "What if I fail? What if she doesn't get well. There's so many people here, what would they think of me?"

Now I am standing in my grandma's room, I have just told her that I am leaving. And I have totally forgotten that I should pray for her. My grandmother has been suffering from sugar diabetes which resulted in complications in her intestines and limbs. I love her, I want her to know Jesus, I want her to be healed.

As I was leaving the room, the Holy Spirit reminded me that I should pray for her. I stood there, struggled for a moment and said to my grandma, "Ah ma, I'm leaving, take care." I spoke all these in our dialect, which I am absolutely bad at. I left the room. I have disobeyed Him.

Once again, I have ignored the leading of the Holy Spirit. Before leaving her house, I was reminded of this which the Lord had asked me on a train 2 months ago: "Which is more important? Is it your reputation or My anointing? If you want my power, show me that you are willing to make a fool of yourself."

I stood at the window saying, "God, what should I do? Please help me. Give me the courage and strength to do this. Let your presence and anointing be on me." As if from heaven, the presence of the Holy Spirit began to pour down on me and I was greatly encouraged.

I went to my relatives, telling them that I was going to pray to God to heal my grandmother. They agreed and turned off the TV so that I would not be disturbed. Wow! They were non believers!

I went into my grandmother's bedroom and closed the door, explaining as hard as I could to tell her that I was going to pray for God to heal her. But she did not understand me a single bit till I told her I was going to "niam geng" which means to pray. She gave a weak smile and nodded.

She was lying on her bed, having a painful back, which doesnt allow her to sit for long. I kneeled down on the floor beside her bed, and laid my hand on her shoulder and started to pray. As I prayed, the Holy Spirit was faithful and His presence filled the room. I could feel my words trembling as I prayed, but nonetheless I prayed that God will take away all her diseases and that she would come to receive Christ.

After I finished, I looked at my grandma, and she smiled at me. I didn't know how to ask if she is feeling better. She said that she had to take injections everyday and that it was painful. How I wish that she would be completely healed and would never have to take another injection!

I wonder how she felt as I prayed for her. Did she feel the touch and love of God as I did so strongly in the room?

As I left the house and walked to the bus stop, as I thought about the pain my grandma had been suffering and how I wished that Jesus would heal her, tears began to roll down my cheeks.

Is she healed? Does she have to take another does of insulin? Will she come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior?

Lord help me!

1 comment:

Tian said...

Hwee Teng.. I did not have the courage too. It took me about 2 months to finally pray for her. (I visit her about 1-2 times a month).

I was able to do it not because of my own courage, but the Holy Spirit gave me the courage to do it! I did not want to see my grandma suffer anymore, she had always been very good to me. I was rather desperate already ya?

I am weak but He is strong. And we have access to His strength. :)

Don't be ashamed of yourself! You are a mighty daughter of God. I'm sure you can do much greater things!