Friday, May 19, 2006

A Wonderful Meeting

What an amazing cell group meeting we had today. I teared the moment we started singing the first praise song. Yes, the praise song.

The presence of God was amazing. The words which my leader spoke hit my heart like a waves of rushing water. It was totally amazing. She spoke about prayer, dying to self and how to have a closer relationship with God.

During the offering, I was thinking in my heart that I have been sowing faithfully in my tithes and offerings for more than a year since I joined Church, but why have I not received my hundredfold blessing stated clearly in the Bible?

Then I saw a vision of different trees and plants. Beans tend to mature very quickly and you will reap its fruit in a few weeks. Some of our seed which we sow are like beans, you will receive your blessing very quickly from them, but not very much.

Then there are bigger trees like durian, rambutan, mangosteem which takes a much longer time to mature. I felt that the seeds which I have sowed are like these, and it takes a much longer time to mature, to bear fruit. But they are definitely much tastier and more valuable.

And I was encouraged by God that He will keep His word and will restore to me a hundredfold and that I should be patient and not lose heart in doing good.

Nonetheless, we should love God more than His blessings. If we truely love Jesus, no matter how bad the situation is, we will never blame Him, for we are after His relationship more than His blessings. And when we follow Jesus and His Spirit, we will have no lack in our lives!

No comments: